Tuesday, April 1, 2008

B5 S1 Ep13: Signs And Portents [Redux]

I am in the enviable position, for those of you have already seen Babylon 5, of enjoying the Babylon 5 experience for the first time.

If you're like me, and you've seen a series, you're always envious when someone gets to see one of your favorites through fresh eyes as you recall how exciting it was watching it for the first time.

I always feel that way when I hear someone is checking out Stargate SG-1 for the first time. Anyway, I was revisiting Babylon 5 Signs And Portents: Season 1, Episode 13 again, Signs And Portents because, well, it was kinda 'portent for me to check it out again. So much happened in that entry that informs and reverberates throughout Season 2 and probably beyond that I felt it was worth reviewing it with the new information I have acquired from the show. It helped me with a few thoughts concerning some upcoming entries for Season 2. I'll get back to that momentarily.


In fact the more I immerse myself in Babylon 5 the more I seem to want to write about the details.

Here is a scene from Signs And Portents. It's one of the primary reasons I have been falling head over heels for this series. Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik own the frame as G'Kar and Londo Mollari respectively, and anytime they share the spotlight it is a pleasure to watch them deliver the drama. I particularly love G'Kar's reluctance to join him at the elevator. Haven't we all been there?

No comments: