Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fate Of The Lawnmower Man

Of course, the visual effects found in the film adaptation of Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man [1992], of which the film scarcely resembles, weren't great.

Everything is relevant though. For their time the effects were impressive to some without a doubt. Today, this Starlog Magazine cartoon by Kevin Brockschmidt, while having a bit of fun with the visual concept, isn't far off from how the picture looks to many today.

The film's visual effects may rank below the popular, but hideous, dancing baby. I hated that baby and that takes a lot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hate the baby! Couldn't agree more!

I've recently started rewatching B5, now with the gf on board.. so it's taking a while. But all good fun. :)

SFF said...

Good 2 hear you and the family are well my friend.

I'm envious. One day I will revisit that series. I hope by by that time it will be on Blu-Ray and some care is given to its restoration. I really do.

It will be awesome to see Acts Of Sacrifice, In The Shadow Of.., Z'ha'dum, Messages... all over again. All some of my favorites.

I'm in the midst of all kinds of things at the moment.

I'm actualy writing, but half of the stuff I'm writing is in draft form. I've been mixing it up with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Not sure when and where that will make an appearance but I am loving the sheer energy and fun of those shows.

Thanks for stopping by H! And yes, that little baby was a terrible creation. NOthing at all like the real thing. : ) Best to you- sff