Friday, October 18, 2013

Science Fiction Non-Fiction: Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds)

5-4-3-2-1!
T
hunderbirds Are Go!
 
  
"I watched from the monitor room... I'll never forget the incredible feeling I got when Barry conducted the first take.
It sent shivers down my spine - I knew straight away that it was something special.
His music is like fine wine - it improves with age."
 
-Gerry Anderson on composer Barry Gray's score and theme music to Thunderbirds, What Made Thunderbirds Go!: The Authorized Biography Of Gerry Anderson, p.123-124, Simon Archer/ Marcus Hearn-


Thankfully the weekend is here.  I'm just plumb tuckered out of steam.  I feel like Steve Austin crashing and burning in that jet, but the rebuilding part isn't likely for this body.


So, I turn to the Thunderbirds to rocket and launch us into the weekend.  It's FAB FRIDAY with a little inspiration from the world of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson to take us there.

2 comments:

El Vox said...

I know the feeling on running low on steam. Sometimes I feel like I'm on one of those hamster wheels that they run around on that constantly spins. Good thing for our hobbies that is like the comfort food we all need along with a home and family.

I didn't know there was a bio on Anderson. I think he had a great job making up sci-fi stories and getting to play with great looking toys while doing it for children.

SFF said...

I told you before I have my moments too. Running on empty of late. Anyway, well said. Family, home hobbies, that's the very best. Writing too when I can muster the energy.

The Anderson bio is a good one. I bought it second hand from a UK seller.